APPLY TO MIDWINTER
- Extensive knowledge of your class mechanics and raid encounters. You should know your own role and also that of your fellow raiders. You should understand all aspects of an encounter (tanking/healing/DPS) from an academic standpoint and from a practical point of view.
- Maximizing your gear to be ready for raiding. While we understand you may not have all the best in terms of actual items, we do expect you to put forth the effort to have the best gems/enchants to help bridge the gap.
- High attendance is critical, especially for learning new content. While we understand real life precedence, you should strive for 100% attendance.
- Mumble and a working microphone are essential. Being able to communicate verbally is absolutely required and exceptions will not be tolerated.
- A good attitude towards raiding and other players. Members are expected to bring 100% focus to raids every night.
- An ability to fit into the guild environment. If you do not get along with the other members, chances are high that you will not pass the membership vote. Humor in the guild can best be described by one acronym: B.O.S.A., Bunch of Smart Asses
- No special characters in your name. No weird random alt numpad combination you have will be accepted.
After you post your application in the appropriate forum it will be reviewed by raiding members of the guild and there may be some back and forth discussion that you can engage with. If this part goes well we will schedule an interview over Mumble. After the interview is completed, if you are accepted, we will bring you into the guild for a trial period of approximately one month where all of the members will evaluate your skill, attitude, and attendance. At the end of one month you will be promoted to raider status or removed from the guild. Trial duration is at our discretion.
The following is an application template that every application will use. Copy/paste the template, fill it out and post it as a new thread in the application forum. Be sure to fill in all the questions.
If it looks like you spent about 20 seconds doing your application, do not be surprised if we spend less time than that declining. Please make an effort with your presentation and try to write coherently. Applications that lack detail have a very good chance of not going anywhere. In addition, parses are a must.
Link to your Armory profile
Raid UI screenshot
WoL Parses or similar
What addons do you use?
Do you have an authenticator?
How did you hear about Midwinter, and what made you consider applying?
Tell us about your last guild. Why are you choosing us over them? Do you have any references?
Tell us about the rest of your raiding history. What content have you cleared in the past? Which guilds did you do it with? Do you have any experience in guild leadership positions or other positions of responsibility?
Tell us how you play your class, and how it makes you stand apart from others.
Do you have any secondary specs or alternative characters that you feel you play at a similar level to your main? Do you have sufficient gear to be raid viable with these specs/characters? What recent experience do you have playing them?
Tell us about yourself. Show us the man/woman behind the character. Impress us, make us laugh. Convince us we want you in our guild. If you don't take the time to sell yourself, there's no reason for us to want to take you. We've worked hard to make this a great place to raid and demand incoming candidates prove they're committed to continuing that.